Beth Hyre has many years’ experience as a communications, marketing/ public relations and events planning professional:
- English-teaching specialist, writer, editor and producer – The Voice of America (U.S. Information Agency), Washington, D. C.
- Public relations account executive and conference/events planner – The Wayne Smith Co., Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
- International co-productions & finance – Children’s Television Workshop, New York
- Director of Communications – New York Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Business/Education Coordinator – Morris County (NJ) Chamber of Commerce
- Program Consultant – West Essex (NJ) Chamber.
In her capacity as Community Relations Manager for a large for-profit university in New Jersey, Ms. Hyre was responsible for:
- campus community, media, and government relations
- creating, writing and editing outreach informational materials
- planning and execution of recruiting, professional development & marketing events
- external outreach, including participation in 6 regional chambers of commerce, the Monmouth Ocean Development Council (MODC), NJ Technology Council, Morris County Regional Chamber of Commerce and the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (serving for 4 years as program chair for NJBIA’s Middlesex County Employers Legislative Committee).
Consulting, advisory and membership roles have included work with:
- the New Jersey Department of Education’s Gender Equity Advisory Committee
- nine NJDOE CAPA teams, evaluating under-performing schools
- The Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, Rutgers University
- Delaware Raritan Girl Scout Council (now the Girl Scouts of Central & Southern NJ)
- The Wright Perspective, development consultants to non-profit organizations in Northern New Jersey
- The American Red Cross of Central New Jersey board of directors
- Women’s Political Caucus of NJ board of directors, events V.P., & education/training chair
- Girl Scouts of Central & Southern New Jersey board development committee
- The Breakthrough Coach, educational consultants
- American Association of University Women-NJ
Ms. Hyre holds a B.A. in Communications from American University in Washington, D.C., and an M.B.A. in Management from Fordham University